Contents of this issue:
- Russia’s Strategic Game in Africa (Stephen Blank)
- China’s Submarine Fleet in the Arctic (Debalina Ghoshal)
- Russia’s Strategic Response to the Euro-Atlantic Security Framework (Beka Kiria)
- EU Counter-Terrorism Strategy (Andreea Stoian Karadeli)
- Monitoring Finland’s Air Space (Alan Warnes)
- The Finnish Navy – ‘Leaner and Meaner’ (Guy Toremans)
- “We are under no illusions about the current security challenges in the Baltic region.” Interview with Rear Admiral Jori Harju, Commander of the Finnish Navy
- The Finnish Defence Industry. A Different Approach to Supporting Defence Capabilities (Tuija Karanko)
- Polish Armed Forces to set new Modernisation Goals (Micha? Jarocki)
- India’s Defence Modernisation Programmes (Suman Sharma)
- “Naval warfare is undergoing a rapid transition.” Interview with Admiral Michael ‘Mike’ Gilday, Chief of Naval Operations (CNO), US Navy
- Czech Air Force Modernisation (Alan Warnes)
- Mortars – Accuracy through Munitions, Fire Control and Aiming (Tim Guest)
- Dual Use Military Equipment and Techniques Transferred to the Law Enforcement Environment (David Saw)
- Taking The Long View. Day and Night Optics for the Sniper Team (David Saw)
- Israeli Spotting and Sniping Optics (Arie Egozi)
- Enhanced Urban Assault Technology (Sidney E. Dean)
- Small Arms Ammunition Developments (Sidney E. Dean)
- The Art of Protecting Flight Crews. Aircraft Self-Protection Systems (Georg Mader)
- Simulation and Training in the Gulf Region (Joris Verbeurgt)
- WALRUS SSK Replacement Takes Centre Stage. The NIDV Defence and Security Exhibition in Rotterdam (Pieter Bastiaans)
- “A better system at a much better price.” Interview with Christophe Fontaine, Director Strategic Development for Europe, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc.
More on www.euro-sd.com
European Security & Defence
Published in English for global decision makers in politics and armed forces
European Security & Defence (ESD) addresses focal aspects of European security and defence policy, force development and armament for an international audience in more than 100 countries. Contributors include high-level authors from politics, armed forces, public administration and science covering:
- Security policy
- International armed forces
- Armament and procurement
- Weapon systems and equipment
- International defence technology
- Research and technology
ESD's annual programme includes a special issue on „Defence Procurement in Germany“.
Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Peter Bossdorf
Managing Editor: Stephen Barnard
Marketing/Advertising: Juergen Hensel
Supported by the ES&T editorial team and an international network of correspondents and authors.
Single copy: €7.90 (+ shipping)
European Security & Defence website: www.euro-sd.com
From January 2015 the magazine is accompanied by the newsletter ESD Spotlight. ESD Spotlight is published fortnightly, can be subscribed to free of charge and brings you up-to-the minute information and news in the areas of security policy, armament and procurement, and defence industry.
ESD Spotlight is distributed by email in PDF format.
Subscribe to the FREE ESD Spotlight newsletter here!