Contents of issue 3/2019 include:
- Russian Naval Threats in the Black Sea (Stephen Blank)
- 5G and Battlespace Dominance (Chet Nagle)
- The “Daesh Phenomenon” (Andreea Stoian Karadeli)
- Defence Materiel Modernisation in Austria (Georg Mader)
- “You Can Count on Our Army.” Interview with Lieutenant General Jorg Vollmer, Chief of Staff, German Army
- Finnish Air Force Modernisation (Alan Warnes)
- The Development Plan for the Royal Malaysian Air Force (Dzirhan Mahadzir)
- Self-Propelled Artillery in US Land Forces (Sidney E. Dean)
- Quick, Accurate Engagement. Cross-Sectional Optics for Hand Weapons (Jan-Phillipp Weisswange)
- Precision Ammunition for Defence and Security. The Logistics of Precision Ammunition (Thomas Nielsen)
- Advances in Mortar Technology (Tamir Eshel)
- Adding to Infantry Firepower. Grenade Launcher Options (David Saw)
- Next Generation Squad Weapons. The US Army Expands the Scope of its Programmes (David Saw)
- Poland Gains Long-Range Engagement Capability (Micha? Jarocki)
- Tactical UAS – Robot Spies for Unfriendly Skies (Doug Richardson)
- MALE Programmes and Requirements in Europe (Giulia Tilenni)
- Harpia: Future Polish Aircraft to Counter Russian Threats (Georg Mader)
- Royal Netherlands Air Force F-35A on Its Way to Become Operational (Jurgen K.G. Rosenthal)
More on www.euro-sd.com
European Security & Defence
Published in English for global decision makers in politics and armed forces
European Security & Defence (ESD) addresses focal aspects of European security and defence policy, force development and armament for an international audience in more than 100 countries. Contributors include high-level authors from politics, armed forces, public administration and science covering:
- Security policy
- International armed forces
- Armament and procurement
- Weapon systems and equipment
- International defence technology
- Research and technology
ESD's annual programme includes a special issue on „Defence Procurement in Germany“.
Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Peter Bossdorf
Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Col. (ret) Henning Bartels
Managing Editor: Stephen Barnard
Marketing/Advertising: Juergen Hensel
Supported by the ES&T editorial team and an international network of correspondents and authors.
Single copy: €7.90 (+ shipping)
European Security & Defence website: www.euro-sd.com
From January 2015 the magazine is accompanied by the newsletter ESD Spotlight. ESD Spotlight is published fortnightly, can be subscribed to free of charge and brings you up-to-the minute information and news in the areas of security policy, armament and procurement, and defence industry.
ESD Spotlight is distributed by email in PDF format.
Download ESD Spotlight, issue 75 here!
Subscribe to the FREE ESD Spotlight newsletter here!